Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Brazillion Pictures

It was a friday night and we were crammed into my father's truck in the middle of the wilderness. I, the best observer of nature of the bunch, spotted a bear upon the mountainside. He disappeared into the cover of trees and we hoped he would return into our view. Moments we realize he has made his way down the mountain and was heading toward the dead cows for a nice steak dinner. We watched him chow down on rotten cows. Some hunters were in a truck next to us and we told them to go shoot it. One of the hunters geared up and started on his way to get a closer shot. As I was observing the bear through binocular... BANG! the bear did some somersaults then made his way back into the trees. It was actually another hunter that shot the bear not the one we had spoken with. We drove down there and followed the bloody trail.... it was neat.

Anyways... this is the bear.

We spent the weekend at the cabin and we had a ton of fun. I added SOOOO many pictures because I don't feel like typing much. Plus... it is more fun to look at pictures than to read my endless babbling.

Dallin is going to place the target
Look at that handsome man... what a stud.
This is quite a candid picture of the boys
Rokons... I think that is how they are spelled. We tore it up. (I don't even know what "it" is)
Ben is shooting Dash's Ruger (I think that's how it is spelled) hand gun. He shot some balloons with his amazing aiming skills.

Here I am concentrating very hard.
Back to home life.... Here is my modeling photo shoot. That's right; I am a professional model now. Cool huh?

it was for a milk ad
Ben has recently introduced Tanner into the wonderful sport of biking.


They are pretty intense about it.
Speaking of biking, we just signed up for the Tour of St. George. I, of course, will be riding the 30 miler; whilst Ben will be riding the 100 miler. Our Goals: under five hours for both of us. (I'll be honest, that will be pretty easy for me but pretty dang hard for Ben.)
SQUIRREL NEWS

I am not sure which squirrel this is. A few weeks ago they lived in that shoe box then they lived in a peach box and now they live in a huge box. They have grown so much.
I believe this is Spike (but really I can never tell) and Ben is giving him a bath.
Spike seems to be advancing a little quicker than Shell. He was trying so hard to balance on his back two legs while eating a grape. He was really wobbly and it was funny to watch.

Life is good. The squirrels are good. Work is good. School is BAD... I WANT TO BE DONE!
I hope everyone is doing well.
P.S. I found the article that got accepted by NEW ERA so I will post it soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the quirrel news. It was my favorite part, and the preciousnses of Ben bathing Spike or Shell brough tears of tenderness to my heart.

Lacy said...

I'm so glad that Spike and Shelley are doing so well! Ummm, what are you going to do with them?