Yay for horses.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
The Horse Stampede
Today we went to a horse stampede. There is a company that moves their horses every year from their winter pastures to the summer ones. They run the horses right through main street. There were SO many horses. I didn't realize it was such a big event. People came from some of the near by towns and the whole street was filled with vendors and activities. We enjoyed some great steak sandwiches and funnel cakes. After the horses came through a band played for a while at the hotel. There is even a dance tonight but we have other plans. It was fun to see all the horses. Ben wasn't able to come because he had to work. I had a great time though. I felt pretty cool because a lot of the kids I have subbed for at the school recognized me so I heard, "Hi Mrs. Roberts" at least once every 5 minutes. It was a good time.
Yay for horses.
Yay for horses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is so cool! I want to go next year.
This is way cool! ...plus funnel cake makes it even better! Also, Ben is a really good tree climber! Give him props! haha
Those horses are beautiful. Sometimes I feel like I'm IN a horse stampede while I'm sitting in traffic. Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment