Tuesday, December 8, 2009

mmmm mmmmm goooood

Who knew gingerbread making could be so... interesting?... complicated? A few days ago we went over to the Johnson's to test our creativity to the max. Lindsey and I felt that the tradition gingerbread house look and design was good enough for us... the boys did not feel the same way. We already had our walls built and they were still in the "planning" phase. This is probably the cleanest the table was in the five hours of gingerbread house madness.
Ben has yet to finish his... this is how it looked at 1AM... a good stopping point.

Sadly, I don't have a picture of the front of Klay's house... it had an arch entry way. He, too, did not finish the building in five hours.
I only have a side view of Lindsey's... it was really cool. Tin foil siding from the hershey kisses and green mike 'n' ike bricks.
I like to think of my creation as two words: Classic and Timeless.
I worked hard on the realistic icicles... hard work DOES pay off. I also worked hard on my horse... pictured below. He shortly died after we left.

Ben put in a few hours on Sunday. This is not the finished product but he is almost done constructing the house... then on to decorating. woot.

We had a lot of fun. I think all of our houses were sawesome... if not beyond sawesome.
By the way I forgot to mention on here in my last post that I am published in the December 2009 New Era. Woot woot for me.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I'm happy to see Ben's house is coming along. Klay wanted to work on his Sunday and I reminded him that he would have a 2 year old helping him this time and then I think it didn't sound so fun to him. We had a ton of fun! I still can't believe the boys worked on them that long, and only get as far as they did! We're really looking forward to tasting the deliciousness of dinner this Friday. Will it be doused in butter, garlic and mushrooms? If so, it must be divine!