Friday, February 6, 2009

Spikey

We have some sad news about Spike.
Just a few days ago he was playful and healthy and just an all around fun squirrel.
Earlier this week I came home and he was so sick (as mentioned in my previous post).
This sickness did not get better... just worse. We have a few ideas about what may have caused this. He could not go to the bathroom on his own... I will spare you the details and just say that he died on Wednesday.

Here is a picture of him (at least I think it is him) just about a week ago.
The pictures below is a picture I took the day he started acting really sick. He just relaxed on Ben.


Well There you have it. It is sad, but like I told Ari, he is in squirrel heaven playing with a lot of other squirrels.


By the way I started another blog http://www.ryrobsblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about spikey, I can assure you I have dispatched many squirrels with my car that he'll be plenty busy playing with his squirrel buddies on the pearly gates and on the stair way to heaven!

David and Aleasha said...

We are sorry to hear about Spikey. We have really loved hearing all the squirrel updates.
David and Aleasha

Russell Roberts said...

I'm sorry to hear about Spike. I just want you to know that out of all the male squirrels, he was my favorite.

Judds said...

We will miss you spike!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what will Shel do without Spike?

Anonymous said...

Ry! I seriously miss you! We need to chat soon and catch up!

Kaydee said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Spikey. It has been so fun to read your blog and hear about the squirrels. So sorry girl!!!

Gina said...

The Smart Family are definitely in morning over Spike. We loved watching all the videos of him. My kids really wished they had met him.