Monday, February 2, 2009

Crazy Days

So I meant to put something up on our anniversary (which was last November) about all of our adventures together... here are just a few pictures of our wonderfulness.




Now onto our lives...

First item of business: Spike is sick

That is right. When I came home from school today Ben was on the couch with Spike laying on him. Immediately I knew something was wrong because it is very odd for a squirrel to hold still for long periods of time (much like Devy... just kidding). It turns out he is having trouble moving is back legs. He wouldn't eat for a while but just a little while ago we got him to eat applesauce. Hopefully he will get better soon.
Next item of business:
Ben was in Salt Lake last week for a tree conference. He really enjoyed it. He learned a lot and hopefully in the next few months he will be able to take his certification exams. I have been student teaching for about 4 weeks now (9 weeks left). The first few days of teaching were pretty stressful and it kind of exhausted me, but now I am really enjoying it. I have a lot of fun at school. I think the next few weeks will go by quickly. I have had two evaluations and have done great on both of them.

Last Item of Business:
I, Ryanne Roberts, am a vegan. It's official. In fact, I began this new way of thinking today. I think cows should not be killed or milked just for our benefit. I believe that if cows were not just used for eating then maybe we could introduce them into Yellowstone. That would be a wonderful thing. I am sure many would love to drive through Yellowstone to see the beautiful and free life of the cows...
Ok, I actually believe none of that. I think I just tricked everyone that read the above paragraph. I am in fact eating much like a vegan for health reasons. It is so important to my health that I may start a blog on my progress as a motivator. I will let you know if I do. In the mean time, I have no vegan recipes so if anyone can help me with that I would be more than grateful. Not only must it be strictly vegan but also no refined flours or sugars. Yay I love my eating life (Sarcasm? I think so). Please help. Thanks.

3 comments:

Eric Layland said...

ryanne. that vegan part gave me a chuckle. and i loved the comparison between Spike and Devynn. very humorous as well. please do give me a rang when you are in utah. i would love to see you both. and also. I saw Sister Beckah Goolsby today on campus. She is wonderful and a grand missionary.

may the great eagle spirit smile upon you.

Judds said...

Save the cows!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about Spike that is too bad. Mom told me the news.

Wright Life said...

Hi Ryanne, this is Kristen Wright from your parents ward. I found your blog through your wonderful sister Brittnee. I had to comment on this post because I actually have a few links to Vegan food websites. (No i'm not a vegan but I saw a recipe that looked yummy!) I found them off a great website called food gawker (http://foodgawker.com/). Ok, here is the Vegan link:
http://veganvisitor.wordpress.com/

ok, I guess this next one is a gluten free website but you may be able to find some recipes at this one:
www.elanaspantry.com
This is a good one if you can't eat flour becuase she only uses alternative flours. AND she give ths links to where she buys all of her products.

Good luck!