Warning: This is longer than I thought... if you bore easy then don't read.
Ok, here is the deal: I have been getting pretty angry about people not updating their blog but I really can't get angry because I, obviously, have not updated mine in quite sometime. I am at school right now and should be doing my homework but I thought I'd leave a little message on my blog letting everyone know that Ben and I are alive.
We had a fantastic Thanksgiving break. It was just long enough to make us not want to get back into the routine of school. Sadly, we lost our camera a few weeks ago so we have no pictures. Hopefully we will find it soon or get a new one. Ben did some golfing and playing of the wii while I quilted and played with the girls. It was a week to be remembered. Ari called Ben three different names while we were there. The first one was "Benji" then "Benny" and rarely "Ben". It was fun to see her and Devynn. Devynn loved Ben. He loved to hold and play with her too. She is getting so big it is insane. Badger Badger badger badger badger... mushroom.
The day before we came down my mom had a little spill on her bike. She broke her collar bone and deeply bruised her hip. We felt bad that she was in so much pain. Britt and I were priviledged to do her hair... Brittnee usually did a better job... there goes my dream of going to beauty school. Thanks a lot.
Thanksgiving day was delicious. The boys played football in the morning before driving out to Queencreek for dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. Unfortunately my cousin, Ashley, had some kidney stone issues so she was not feeling very good. During dinner Ari put olives on all of her fingers then put them all in her mouth and then after chewing them up she spit them out on the floor. It was... cute?
The day after Thanksgiving we drove to New Mexico... it was a mere 10 hour drive. My dad grew up there, in Carlsbad. We got to see the house he grew up in and the high school he went to. On Saturday we went to Grandpa Shakey's funeral. It was good to see everyone and the funeral went really well. After the funeral all 12 of us got into the van we rented and toured Carlsbad. We stopped at the football stadium where my dad used to play and the boys played catch with the football. It was freezing so the girls, being the smarter sex, stayed in the van where it was nice and warm. Oh and dad with all of his wisdom stayed in the van as well. We had fun in New Mexico but sadly at around 4:30 AM Sunday morning it was time for the Dash and Ben and I to depart. We started our 20 hour drive back up to Idaho. It was neat.
With three weeks left of school life is insane. So I don't know how much I will be able to post.
I hope you all enjoyed my endless babbling of our vacation... I'm sure it was very interesting.
Lauri... I hope you appreciate my posting a new post because you were in mind as I wrote it.
28 Days till Christmas... WAHOO!
5 comments:
I'm sure Britt taught Ari that Olive thing. I have a very distinct Thanksgiving memory at Grandma's house when Brittnee taught me to put olives on my fingers as well. I don't remember the spitting them out part, although I'm sure it was possible. I hate olives. I wish I could have been out there for Thanksgiving. Mine stunk.
Good luck with finals.
Thanks Ryanne. My only disappointment with your blog is that you didn't mention that you sat by me at Thanksgiving and told me very entertaining stories. It was good to see you!
I wanted to encourage the updating of the blog, therefore, a comment is being left. I don't have anything witty to remark, but at first glance you might get excited that it's a long comment, no?
Thanks for posting--life was getting rather dull here in Frannie WYO, with no new blogs to read. Gosh--sorry about your mom's accident. Ouch and double ouch. Hope she's mending quickly. (Wait til Ari puts an entire hot dog in her mouth horizontally and grins. Ask Ben about the technique.)
I love reading your blog, cause it always makes me happy. You're very witty, you know it? When are you and Ben coming to Three Forks again?
Post a Comment